Switching from D10 visa to E2 visa before your contract begins.
You need to make a reservation at hikorea. and should go to the immigration office 20 min earlier than you made.
Usually, it would take a week to get a permit to work since you apply to change your visa.
How to switch from D10 to E2 yourself
First, you find a school
Second, you make a reservation at hikorea.go.kr
Third, you prepare all the necessary documents
Last you go to the immigration office to switch your visa
Total process would take around 7 weeks duo to the online booking is always full for 2~4 weeks
First, you can not teach before you get permitted.
Second, If you have been to abroad with the D10 visa even a day and it has been more than 3 months, then you have to prepare your criminal background check again.
Third, You have to change your housing address within 14 days if you moved into a new house.
FIRST, MAKE A ONLINE HIKOREA RESERVATION
SECOND, CHANG YOUR HOUSING ADDRESS IF YOU MOVE INTO A NEW HOUSE
THIRD, COLLECT ALL THE DOCUMENTS
FOURTH, GO TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE AND SWITCH D10 TO E2
FIFTH, START TEACHING SINCE YOU GET PERMITTED
LAST, YOU GO TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE AND GET YOUR NEW ARC
1. Your passport and a copy of the passport
2. Your ARC and a copy of the ARC
3. Application form ( there are 2 places you have to sign on the form ) Click
4. Report on alteration or addition of Employment Place ( teacher has to sign on this form ) Click
5. Utilize plan lecturer letter ( This has to be written by the school ) Click
6. Original working contract and a copy of the contract
7. A copy of business license ( 사업자등록증 복사본 )
8. A copy of school establishment license ( 학원설립운영증 복사본 )
9. Teacher’s schedule ( 강사시간표 )
10. Employment certificate (재직증명서 )
11. School current state ( 학원현황표 ) Click
12. Confirmation of accommodation ( if the housing contractor is not you ) Click
13. Housing contractor’s ID copy ( both sides )
14. Original housing contract and a copy of the housing contract
15. Current E2 visa holder’s list ( Name , Nationality , ARC number ) Click
16. Immigration fee 60,000 won